Welcome to the Grow Healthy – Team Nutrition Webinar series. These webinars provide guidance and resources to help school and early care staff achieve their site's wellness goals. The webinars are:
- Choosing Recipes for Healthy Kids in Early Care Settings
- Role Modeling Healthy Behaviors in Early Care Centers
- Win with Tastings in Early Care Centers
- Wellness Policies in Early Care Centers
- SMART Snacks in Schools and the New Breakfast Meal Pattern for School Year 2014 - 2015
- Win - Win with Student Taste Testing Activities
Each webinar may be viewed separately at your convenience by downloading the PowerPoint on this site or via YouTube. After viewing each webinar, and completing the accompanying evaluation survey, you will receive a Certificate of Participation.
This educational webinar will utilize the Letís Move/Team Nutrition cookbook Recipes for Healthy Kids: Cookbook for Childcare Centers to provide nutrition information to providers of young children.
- PowerPoint Show (34MB .ppsx file)
Early childhood educators have the unique opportunity to influence health behaviors. This webinar provides strategies to model behaviors to help children develop healthy eating and physical activity habits.
- PowerPoint Show (6.3MB .ppsx file)
Food tastings are a great way to introduce children to new foods, especially fruits and vegetables; plan menus; and expand the curriculum. This educational webinar helps early childhood educators plan and conduct successful food tastings.
- PowerPoint Show (38MB .ppsx file)
Discover best practices in food and beverage services, physical activity, nutrition education, screen time, staff role-modeling and parent engagement to help you examine and improve your early care center's wellness policies.
- PowerPoint Show (47MB .ppsx file)
This timely webinar by Steve Bergonzoni of USDA, hosted by New Jersey Dept. of Agriculture, is about Smart Snacks and the Breakfast Meal pattern changes for School year 2014-15. These changes will go into effect this July!