8/14/13, East Brunswick, NJ
Grow Healthy collaborates with the NJDA and the NJ School Nutrition Association to provide trainings for NJ foodservice professionals, on topics such as;
- 2010 Dietary Guidelines for Americans
- USDA new meal patterns
- Creative use of USDA Commodity Foods in the NSLP and CACFP.
- Implementation of school gardens and other FTS practices in the school and/or childcare sites.
- Promoting acceptance/consumption of healthy food in school cafeterias.
Grow Healthy conducts trainings at project sites to help promote an increase in availability and consumption of fruits and vegetables. Trainings focus on implementing school gardens, Farm-to-School, and wellness initiatives in order to link the classroom to the cafeteria. Topics may include:
- Food Tastings
- Food safety
- School gardens to promote fruit and vegetable consumption