Grow Healthy is FCHS' school wellness initiative for elementary schools and early care education centers. Grow Healthy joins families, schools, early care centers, and the community together to make wellness and learning top properties.
Grow Healthy assists schools and early care centers with building and sustaining a healthier school environment by:
- Working together to develop wellness policies and active wellness councils.
- Training teachers to integrate food, nutrition, and wellness messages into classroom learning.
- Providing direction to create edible school gardens and edible education lessons that support Common Core and New Jersey Core Curriculum Content Standards.
- Training school nutrition professionals to develop strategies that increase fruit and vegetable consumption and identify opportunities to purchase more locally grown produce.
- Identifying strategies to engage families in wellness.
- Supporting initiatives to create active learning opportunities that increase physical activity throughout the school day.
Connect With FCHS